FBC is Hiring!
We are currently accepting resumes for a Student Ministries Director!
We will be accepting resumes until December 1, 2021.
Student Ministries Director
The Student Ministries Director is responsible to the Pastor for development and execution of a comprehensive program of Christian development for elementary, middle, and high school students. The Student Ministries Director will consult with staff, appropriate committees, and program leaders concerning activities in their area when students are involved. We believe The Student Ministries Director must be a Christian called by God and led by the Holy Spirit.
- Provide Christian leadership, direction, counseling, and nurturing of students; thereby enhancing Christian growth, unity, and fellowship.
- Participate as a member of church council.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Prepare a student ministries monthly calendar.
- Plug students into missions.
- Train and supervise leaders for all student LifeGroups.
- Attend additional worship services when needed.
- Be in constant contact and available to parents for comments and counseling.
- Acknowledge birthdays, graduations and other special events in student’s lives.
- Maintain a social media presence for student groups.
- Remain on the premises until all students have been picked up by their parents.
Youth Ministry Duties:
- Serve as coordinator and resource person for youth programs of the church working with the Youth Committee and existing organizations of the church.
- Train and supervise all youth workers.
- Lead a weekly youth gathering.
- Conduct, promote and coordinate quarterly youth events.
Children’s Ministry Duties:
- Serve as coordinator and resource person for children’s programs of the church working with the Children’s Committee and existing organizations of the church.
- Train and supervise children’s ministry workers.
- Lead Wednesday night children’s programming.
- Conduct, promote and coordinate quarterly children’s events.
- Perform children’s sermons as needed.
- Work with Upwards Basketball and Vacation Bible School.
Note- Other duties in all areas of ministry may be requested and completed as time allows. Employees should remember that a job description does not necessarily cover every task or duty that might be assigned; it can be changed at any time, and additional responsibilities may be assigned as necessary or as appropriate.
This position furthers God’s mission for the church.