Christ’s New Law
3 Law Sets
1. Patriarchal law – Romans 2:14-15
2. Mosaic Law - Exodus 19:5-6
3. The Law of Christ - Galatians 3:23-28
3 Law Changes
1. Jesus fulfilled Mosaic Law - Matthew 5:17
2. Jesus ended Patriarchal law - Acts 10: 34-35, 43
3. Jesus replaced Mosaic Law and Patriarchal Law with the Law of Christ. - Ephesians 2:12-19
What does this mean for me and you?
1. The love God and love people statements of the 10 commandments as two distinct sets of rules transfer over. The ordinances and worship rules do not.
2. The urgings of your God designed conscious are still in place, but your ancestor’s belief system has no authority over you.
3. We are in a new covenant with God through Christ. He satisfied God’s demands and justified us with the Father.