“And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.”
Jesus taught that…
1. His followers are expected to pray. (7a)
2. Extra words do not increase God’s listening. (7b-c)
3. Godless people babble on in prayer (7c-8a)
4. Educating God in prayer is pointless. (8b)
What’s the take-away? Pray simple prayers.
Will you commit today to…
1. Live up to God’s communication expectations?
2. Check your prolonged prayers?
3. Avoid mindless prayers?
4. Recognize God’s knowledge in your prayers?