Concerning End Times
Eschatology: The Second Coming
Five differences between the rapture and the second coming. (from gotquestions.org)
1. At the rapture, believers meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17).
At the second coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth (Revelation 19:14).
2. The second coming occurs after the great and terrible tribulation (Revelation chapters 6–19).
The rapture occurs before the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).
3. The rapture is the removal of believers from the earth as an act of deliverance (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, 5:9).
The second coming includes the removal of unbelievers as an act of judgment (Matthew 24:40-41).
4. The rapture will be secret and instant (1 Corinthians 15:50-54).
The second coming will be visible to all (Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:29-30).
5. The second coming of Christ will not occur until after certain other end-times events take place (2 Thessalonians 2:4; Matthew 24:15-30; Revelation chapters 6–18).
The rapture is imminent; it could take place at any moment (Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54).
What am I to do with the information of His second coming?
1. Be thankful that you will be looking down on the battlefield instead of looking up at the coming army of the Lord Jesus.
2. Breathe easy in the knowledge of our part of the end times saga.
· We love God, love people and make disciples.
· We yearn for the rapture.
Are you ready for the rapture or scared of the second coming?